- Student Life
- Parent Portal
St. John Bosco profoundly influences the mission of Mount Royal Academy. Here are a couple of insights from the famous apostle to the youth.
1. “Without confidence and love, there can be no true education. If you want to be loved…you must love yourselves, and make your children feel that you love them.”
2. “The school was not the end; it was rather the instrumental means for improving the way of life.”
3. “If one is to do good, he must have a little courage, be ready for sacrifice, deal affably with all and never slight anybody. By following this method I have always had significant success, in fact, marvelous success.”
4. “Act today in such a way that you need not blush tomorrow.”
5. “Do not put off till tomorrow the good you can do today. You may not have a tomorrow.”
6. “Let us strive to fare well in this life and in the next.”
7. “Be slow to pass judgment.”
8. “Do you want your companions to respect you? Always think well of everyone, and be ready to help others. Do this and you will be happy.”
9. “Run, jump, have all the fun you want at the right time, but, for heaven’s sake, do not commit sin!” (from St. Philip Neri).
10. “Servite Domino in laetitia!” (Serve the Lord joyfully!)